1 lb ground beef
1 T. + 1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 ½ C. shredded cabbage
½ C. chopped green onion
salt & pepper, to taste
½ tsp. Splenda
½ tsp. ginger paste (or fresh grated ginger)
1 tsp. white vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
½ tsp. chili paste (or hot sauce)
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over med/med hi heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; mix.
3. Drain any fat from the ground beef, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same fry pan heat the olive oil over med/med hi heat, add the green onion and cabbage. Stir fry until cabbage is slightly wilted and tender.
5. Stir in the sauce and add the meat; stir to combine. Serve hot.
by Janeva Eickhoff